that the validity of a Temporary Resident Visa cannot extend beyond
the validity of the passport. Include all cancelled or expired
passports, if applicable.
If you are not paying for your own trip, indicate how your trip will be funded. Submit supporting documentation,
Parents' bank statements Letter from employer covering costs; spouse'semployment, proof of employment and financial documents for host in
Canada* (employment letter, pay slips, T4 / Notice of Assessment, bank
Explain the purpose of your trip - details of your itinerary
in Canada, provisional travel arrangements (airline or hotel booking),
letter of invitation from the person or business you will visit,
registration at a conference, letter from your employer (as applicable).
· A letter from your employer granting leave of absence and
including: your name position and current salary. This letter must
include your employer's name, address, telephone and fax number. If you
are travelling on business, the letter should also outline the purpose
of your trip, and include the names and addresses of the companies you
will visit. If you are self-employed, please provide evidence of your
business (business registration, license and financial documents etc.).
· Proof of current studies -- an official document confirming your
registration as a student at an academic institution.
· If a minor is travelling with only one parent or without parents,
notarized permission from the non-accompanying parent(s) is (are)
required. Minors (under 18 years of age) travelling alone or with a
person other than their parents or legal guardians should have a
notarized permission signed by both parents or legal guardian. It should
also include the name of the adult who will be responsible for the
children in Canada.
o The sponsor should also submit proof of residency in Canada
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PARENTS OR GRANDPARENTS
· A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild residing in
· One of the following documents to prove that your child or
grandchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off minimum:
- most recent copy of the Notice of Assessment or Option C printout
-most recent copy of the T4 or T1
- original letter from employer stating title, job description, and
· Proof of parental relationship (copy of birth certificate,
baptismal certificate or other official document naming you as parent or
o PROCESSING TIME- approximately 10-15 working days from the time
application is received by the embassy.
· Bring complete documents to avoid delays in processing.
· Do not leave any blank in the application form. Kindly put "N.A."
if it's not applicable.
· Make sure that the back page of the passport is completely
filled-up (address, contact numbers and name of person to be contacted
in case of emergency)
· Requirements are subject to change without prior notice.